Thursday, January 17, 2008

NOTHING!!!

Yes, that's right, NOTHING! We (Justin and I) went to the doctor yesterday. When we left I felt like we were given nothing but bad news. Of course Justin had other things to say.

First of all let me say I LOVE my doctor! Even though I did not like what he had to say yesterday. He basically told me I am going backwards in this birth process. He asked me if last week he had told me I was a 1. And of course I said YES! Then he said well, I guess you could say you are still a 1 but I think you are shrinking. HELLO!!! Not at all what I wanted to hear. I asked him if he believed in any of the wives tales I have been hearing: mexican food, sex, walking, Casteroil, the full moon...He said NO! The only thing he believes in is prayer, and patience. That is why I like him so much. He always reminds me that God is in control. I love that he is also a believer. He also said he wasn't sure if he was feeling his head. He could have possibly turned again. So, we will see next week if I have progressed and if Dryver is turned the right way.

When we left the doctor Justin said well, that was good news. My reaction to that was WHAT! He said Katherine, you and Dryver are both healthy. That is all that matters right now. What a wonderful husband! I am so blessed!!!

So now I am trying to make a list of the positives of Dryver coming late: (since that seems to be a BIG possiblilty)
1. I will not have to come back to teach as much at the end of school.
2. I could possibly be off when my niece, Addilyn, is born.
3. If he comes in February he will be the only person in my family with a February birthday.
4. If he comes in February he and his cousin Ryan, on Justin's side, will both have February birthdays.
5. Justin and I will have a little more time alone.
6. I can reorganize his room yet again:)

If you can think of other reasons please let me know. I am trying to stay positive in the fact that it may be longer than I thought before I meet my son! One thing I know for sure, my doctor will not let me go over a week late. So, we are garunteed to have a son by February 7. That is only 3 weeks away, I think I can handle it:)

2 comments:

Summers said...

Here is a reason. : ) Anna was a week late. We had to enduce. IT ROCKED! I knew exactly when she was coming. Anyone who really knows me knows I HATE surprises, well, just waiting for them. I am totally a "lets peak at the Christmas presents the night before" kind of person. ( drives Stephen up the wall!) But anyway, Stephen and I went out to eat and to a movie, and then went up to the hospital at midnight to have our baby. And it all went great...I LOVED knowing the timeline. If Dryver isn't ready, he isn't ready. God has perfect timing. You may not know the reason, but you may not need to, God knows and that is enough. I am SO happy for you Katherine. I will say a prayer of patience and peace for you. : )

Stephanie & Scott said...

Katherine you are crazy and adorable all at the same time! i can just hear you talking in your blog!!! Dyver is so lucky to have you and Justin as parents...