Thursday, January 24, 2008

39 week update!

Well, this week was a much better report than last week. He said I am now dialted 1-2. If it is my choice I will take the 2:) and 50% effaced. As we were leaving he said he was going to call labor and delivery to set me up for induction on February 6. So, in less than 2 weeks we will be parents to Dryver! Oh my goodness, I can't believe it is finally here. We are so ready to meet this little guy!
Saturday Justin got sick and was sick all day Sunday and Monday. He went to work Tuesday and then I was sent home from work Wednesday with the same thing. So I did not go today. We have both had severe head colds and fever. I think we are better now. Hopefully! We were so thankful to have that run through our house this week instead of when Dryver gets here.
Also, I feel that I am on a time schedule to have this baby and everyone is putting in there requests. Either they have work conflicts, social conflicts or want a specific day. I think I have come to the conclusion he will come when he comes. It is really not up to us. Although I am giving him pep talks daily:)
Thanks everyone for your advice and words of encouragment last week!
We will let you know when he gets here or how the appointment goes next Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that doctor's appointment was more 'positive' for you. I hope you both are feeling better and I have no doubt that you've used at least 5 cans of Lysol throughout the whole house - I really wouldn't be surprised if you rewashed all of his clothes (that wasn't a suggestion, by the way). We're praying for you!! Hey - I still have 9 more weeks - I'm nowhere close to dialated - although I'm trying to steal pitocin from the hospital :) - Courtney Hays

Corrie said...

I'm checking your blog daily for any news! :) Hang in there! He will be here before you know it! Clara will be one month old already on Sunday!! She's looking forward to meeting Dryver!

Haddixfamily said...

We are so excited for you. Hang in there time will fly when he gets here and you will want it to slow down:). We are praying for you guys.

Beth said...

Support...that's what we're here for. I have no specific requests and my desk at school is substitute ready, so I'm ready at any moment. Keatyn can hardly wait.(Actually, I don't know if she really knows what is going on, but her mommy can hardly wait, so I just push that on her!) We are praying for you guys daily and can hardly wait to be first time Auntie BB and Uncle what did we call him...maybe uncle Bill would be fun!! LOL!
Love you!