Monday, January 7, 2008

Dryver's Ready!

Thursday I will officially be 37 weeks, meaning I will be considered full term! I am so excited!!! So, I went to the doctor today for my 37 week check up. I will now be going every week. I know I told some of you about the prospect of a c-section. Well, he is head down and ready to go. So, no more guessing. If all goes well I will have him naturally(with drugs). He had been breach but he has turned and is now in "ready position". Today was pretty eventful. I first had a sonogram. They are saying he is currently 5 lbs. 14 oz. And that everything looks great and right on schedule. Then I saw my doctor. I had the Group B Strep test today. Not "fun" but not too bad. Then he checked me. WOW!!! I was not prepared for that! But the good news is I am dilated to a 1. So, at least there is some progress. I go back next Wednesday afternoon and we are hoping for yet again a good report and more progress.
A little shout out to my mom. Thanks so much for going with me today. I have to admit I was a little nervous about the sonogram. They are always fun but I do get a little nervous. I guess Dryver's Gabby and Mom (wow, reality check) are the last ones to see him before he makes his grand entrance into the Cowart family. I can't wait!!!
Stay tuned...I will either write again on Wednesday after the appointment. OR if he arrives. We are hoping for the later:)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Yea! Glad to hear that the little man is ready to go. Can't wait to see pics of precious Dryver!

Melissa said...

Hi Justin & Katherine! What an exciting time! God's blessings on your expanding family.
Melissa (from Spokane)

Katie said...

I'm sad I missed the shower BUT I am so excited to meet Dryver! I hope you are feeling well and that both of you are doing wonderful!!!

One of them Youngs... said...

Yay for you guys! I look forward to reading about your "full term" adventures! I think it is so fun that you and Beth are going through this all together!! We are thrilled for you and Justin.